Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday Color Combo: Kiss and Tell

Happy Tuesday!

First of all.. I want to say thank you to my readers who nominated me for TWO Baltimore Sun #Mobbie Awards! I was nominated for Best Lifestyle Blog, as well as Best New Blog! Voting starts on October 31 (I think), so I would LOVE if you guys could show some support Get Jessed Up. It would mean the worldddddd!

Honestly, I'm totally honored and flattered for just being nominated-- winning would be the icing on the cake!

Now back to fashion...


Today I was really inspired by the color combo of red & black. I always think of this duo as dark and mysterious.. but I've been proven wrong. Red and black can be classy, bright, and a great choice for an outfit that transitions from day-to-night! For fall, these are perfect colors to work with, eapecially since the average pair of tights is an opaque black (it will always match this look... always)!

Here are a couple ways to mix-n-match these hues, and incorporate tights for the colder days:

 

 

So, now it's time for my take on the trend. You guys know I love color, but I'm also not afraid of patterns. Thats why for this particular look, I took it a step further and Jessed it Up with a lipstick-patterned dress versus a solid red or black.

Do you like this dress? I think the way it ties on the upper waist makes for a super flattering A-line silhouette-- perfect for women with curvier mid-sections like me!

To the front, to the front... To the side, to the side...



Without the sweater; I love the frilly over-hang
on the top!
Lipstick Kiss pattern up close 

Make it your own:
Dress: Lipstick Kiss A-line Dress, Charlotte Russe $28.99
Sweater: Gap (I got it a few years ago when Gap had the (One) campaign clothing in-store.)
Heels: Tahari from Marshalls; about $25
Earrings: c/o Every Occasion Designs
Bracelet: Urban Outfitters, $3



No comments:

Post a Comment