Wednesday, October 19, 2011

D&G Watercolor - Summer to Fall

I love clothing inspired by watercolor palettes. I think they're soft and feminine, and great for everyday work wear. One of my favorite watercolor pieces is this beautiful Dolce & Gabbana skirt. I really love how it was styled with the egg-white long sleeve button down blouse.

I wanted to include this outfit on GJU, but since it's cooler out, I had to modify it so it was temperature appropriate. I wore a BB Dakota watercolor skirt I picked up at a sample sale in college (great find!), and paired it with a green blouse from Target. In a warmer month, I'd leave it at that to match the D&G look perfectly.

However, I also added a pair of opaque black tights, and a black vest from New York & Company for added warmth.

(P.S. I almost wore my gold, sparkly Toms to match the D&G model's gold flats.. but they looked a little weird over the dark tights. I'll work them into an outfit soon though, for sure.)


Think I got a little too into the "leaning" pose this time..
but my hair looked good so I went with it <3

Make it your own:
Shirt: Target $21.99 (I found it on the clearance rack for $10 or so)
Vest: New York & Company
Skirt: BB Dakota, about $46
Flats: Steve Madden $46.99
Tights: Target (Similar) $12
Pink Cocktail Ring: Family Heirloom
Silver Ring: David Yurman, Citrine


No comments:

Post a Comment