Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday Trend: Down to Earth

One of my favorite trends in Fall is earth tones. Greens, browns, blues, burnt oranges, light purples.. any color you would see in a sunset, or in the woods, or out in nature. I love the natural color palettes because they're soft, neutral tones that mesh together seamlessly for any outfit.

Earth tones were big on the Fall 2011 runways. Here are some of my favorite looks:

Belted jacket outfit far right-- Get in my closet. Immediately.

Earth tones, when in very loose, sheer fabrics, give off a whimsical vibe. Loves it.

I die over those maroon spandex tights. AMAZE.

Here's my take on the trend. I love this burnt orange textured top from J. Crew! The fact that the applique is off-center also gets me going-- you know I love asymmetry!

I also wore this skirt on this day, and I really love how it looks like a completely different skirt when it's paired with different colors and textures.The darker color top really brings out the earthy tones in the browns and blackish-blue spots. I added a wool camel cardigan from Gap and nude heels to finish out the look.




Make it your own:
Top: J. Crew
Skirt: J. Crew
Cardigan: Gap
Heels: Guess, from DSW
Gem and Stone Bracelet: Chicos
Braided bracelet: Urban Outfitters
Wtach: Michael Kors

Tell me, how would you style yourself in Earth Tones??

<3
Jess


2 comments:

  1. Probably my favorite outfit since I started following. LOVE that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that skirt and top!

    ReplyDelete