Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday Trend: Patterned Pants!

In man of my posts, I've encouraged you to mix and match different patterns, colors, and fabrics in your outfits. If you've not yet tried it out, hopefully today's trend will give you some great ideas to start having fun with your clothing!

Here are some runway examples of patterned pants that I love for summer. (Tip: This trend can definitely be carried over into fall. Swap out cropped bottoms for a full length pant!)

Photo from My Look Book
I'm mildly obsessed with the Lilya and This is Genevieve ensembles above. Those pants are to die for, and I'm loving the platform heeled sandals!

The whole point of this trend is to stretch the limits of your wardrobe and dress outside of the box. Try something new. Pair a bright top with a patterned pant. There's no better time than now while the weather is still warm to experiment with fashion! And.. this trend is fool-proof! You can't mess this up. It's all about personal style and your own unique sense of fashion!

Here's my interpretation of the trend: My patterned pants have a white rope-like knot pattern on them. I paired the bottoms with a bright purple top, and added the turquoise necklace as a pop of color. (I love accenting with bright jewelry!) My Steve Madden sandals are in a similar color family so I thought they worked well with this outfit.

What do you think??




Make it your own:
Pants: Talbots (from last summer)
Tank: American Eagle $10
Sweater: J.Crew Factory $19/9
Sandals: Steve Madden $39.99
Necklace: H&M on sale for under $10 (great deal!)



No comments:

Post a Comment