Friday, August 12, 2011

Happy Friday! Today's outfit: Mixing it Up!

When I put together the outfit modeled off of a J.Crew look, I really liked it. Something was a little adventurous about it! The two pieces didn't match, but together, they worked. Maybe that's just me... but I liked it! So today, I did it again :)

I found this photo on one of my favorite fashion blogs whippedSTYLE. I really love the striped top mixed with the busy pattern of the skirt. It's eye-catching and visually interesting!




I wanted to show a close up of the back of the skirt, because I love the visible zipper detail! Also, it's a nice way to see the pattern of the skirt a little clearer : )
Even though my skirt isn't exactly the same, I thought it was pretty close! It's actually more of a winter skirt (it's a thicker material) that I usually pair with black tights and  boots. It's one of my FAVORITE purchases from Anthropologie. I paired it with a 3/4 length-sleeve top to match the inspiration photo. Also, although you can't really tell, my sandals are leopard print! Why not add in a little sass!?!

For my jewelry, I wanted to create the same effect as the model picture above. I stacked several different bracelets, including one from an Etsy store I love -  EveryOccasionDesigns. It's the one with the yellow beads! (Contest Alert!- You should really check out the Etsy boutique EverydayOccasionDesigns. In the next couple of weeks, I'll be hosting a contest to WIN a pair of earrings of your choice!)

Here's the bracelet, called "Sunny Day", up close:



Make it your own:
Top: Talbots (similar) $19.49
Skirt: Anthropologie (several seasons old) $70
Sandals: Steve Madden (Similar) $69.95



No comments:

Post a Comment