Monday, November 28, 2011

Mirror, Mirror....

Over the long Thanksgiving weekend, I had a lot of free time. In that free time, I got bored and started looking through my photo albums. As I was skimming through my blog photo album to delete old pics & get rid of the clutter, I noticed that I had a good amount of what I call "self portraits."

Now if done in a funky way, like my girl over at LLYMLRS... self portraits can be artsy, and unique. Mine all look the same. Womp.

So, in the spirit of poking fun at myself, I've decided to share some of them with you. If you can't make fun of yourself, you lead a boring life.

Below is a compilation of some of the good, bad, and ugly self portraits, or probably more accurately coined mugshots, since the start of GJU.

Also.. a few realizations..

After looking through all of these at once, I picked up on a few things:

1. I make the same squished, pursed lips look. Often. I'd like to name it. I'm open to suggestions.
2. I wear my hair up in a bun, still wet from my morning shower, almost every day. (However, there is a reason for that. Drying my mop of hair takes a good 25 minutes, and then I have to straighten it if I don't want to look like a lioness...)
3. I've decided there's one part of myself that I'm not self-conscious about: my eyes.
4. Make that two. I like my hair, even when it's ratted up in a bun or clip.
5. I have thick eyebrows. I guess that's better than drawn-in, super thin ones.
5. I discovered that most of these pics I took right before I have the blog photos taken. Evidently, I like to test how my make up/face looks on camera each day. Too funny.

Note: Many, if not most of these are unedited. Be gentle. 













I have nothing else witty or spunky to say this morning. Still tired from the tryptophan.

Happy last week of November, y'all.




No comments:

Post a Comment