Thursday, November 17, 2011

And the winner is....!

Get Jessed Up! Gah!

I'm so excited to have won the Best New Blog category in the 2011 Baltimore Sun Mobbies Awards! I also placed 2nd in the Best Lifestyle Blog category.... amazing. Here are all of the stellar finalists and winners!

Quite frankly, I was honored to have even been nominated in the first place. Winning was just the cherry on top of the sundae, and man was it a sweet cherry :)

So on that note.. thank you all. Thank you for checking into GJU a few times a week. Thank you for voting for me in this year's Mobbies. Thank you for supporting this project. Thank you. Sincerely.

And now for the pics... Here are some photos from the Mobbies party. ((It was a 20's themed award ceremony.. so I dressed the part. Duh.))

ps. We were in a bar when these were taken so the clarity/lighting are a bit off. But you get the idea.

What do you think?!


More dramatic make up than usual, including bright
red lips. Not my comfort zone-- but fun with this outfit!

A feather & sequins are always appropriate. Always. 
A little blurry... and by now my arm feather has wilted. Womp. But--
isn't my winner's top hat super snazzy?!

See that?! Best New Blog - Get Jessed Up. Get friggin Jessed Up! Eeee!

Make it your own:
Dress: Sassy Flapper Costume, Target $15 



3 comments:

  1. Congrats again, love! So happy for you! Also, I love the red lipstick look on you. Not my comfort zone either, but it looks so great in pictures.. great for the pearly whites, as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Caitlin! Couldn't have done it with your help on the blog design! Big props and thanks to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I like the makeup and I especially like the armband!

    ReplyDelete