Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween!

Oh heyyyy everyone! Sorry there wasn't a post yesterday... but that's because I needed to get pics of the outfit I was wearing to complete this post.

Today's post is all about Halloween! I'll show some pictures from the weekend, as well as how I did Halloween at work.

Halloweekend:
For Halloween weekend, I dressed up as a Princess. Every little girl, for at least one Halloween in her lifetime, is a princess. She's a Disney princess-- Cinderella, Ariel, Jasmine-- or she's just a pink sparkly princess a la Glynda (Wizard of Oz). Well, I never did the whole Princess thing and it was about time. Here's how it turned out:

Loving my wand, and tiara, and sparkly dress and jewelry.
Would dress this way everyday if I could. 
My attempt at being a Punk Rock Princess. I've discovered I'm not
meant to be "hard" or have this kind of edge. I just look ridic.

Spooky Sportswear:
I didn't dress up for Halloween in the office for 2 reasons. 1) I had a dentist appointment first thing in the morning and thought it would be awkward being worked on while in Halloween gear.  2) We'd never discussed dressing up at work, and along those same awkward lines, I didn't want to be the only one in full costume. I work in a very corporate building, and I can just imagine being in the elevator with one of the financial analysts from the floor above us. Uncomf.

So I went the black and orange route. I wore a wool, short-sleeved J.Crew dress, and tied in the holiday spirit with an orange scarf.



 When I got home, it was time for Bruiser to get dressed up on his first Halloween. He was a pirate. Aaargh!

I literally can't. His little face melts my heart. And when I pick him up
he hugs me and squeezes so tight/probably b/c he's scared for his life,
but it's precious. He's the best!

I hope you all had a fabulous and fashionable Halloween! I'd love to see your pics if you care to share :)

Make it your own:

Outfit 1:
Princess Dress: Charlotte Russe (I got it an addt'l 50% off from the clearance rack- $7!)
Leather Jacket: Similar $78
Heels: Madden Girl from Loehman's, about $28

Outfit 2:
Black Dress: J. Crew Factory Store (Similar) $118
Scarf: Orange Pashmina Scarf, about $15
Black Boots: Similar $69.95 



3 comments:

  1. your dog's name is bruiser. i <3 you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i CANNOT believe you got that dress for $7!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie-- Yes his name is Bruiser. Does it even surprise you? haha AND I KNOW! The dress was such a great find!

    ReplyDelete