Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday Trends: Stack 'em Up!

Happy Thursday! Starting today, I'm going to post Thursday Trends. (Like I said before, I want this blog to be a conversation, so if you've noticed a cool trend or something you've seen recently in the fashion world that sparks your interest, let me know! I'd love to look more into it, and include it in a blog post.)

One trend I love is layering colorful bracelets. It adds spunk to an outfit, and gives you the opportunity to create a unique look each time by pairing different colors, thicknesses, shininess, widths etc.

One of my favorite bloggers, Taylor from Sterling Style, often weaves this trend into her outfits. Taylor usually piles on the bracelets on the same wrist as her watch, which is a look I try to recreate often. These pictures below are from her blog, and I thought they gave a good idea of how versatile stacking bracelets can be! On Refinery29, Taylor was even quoted saying, "I hardly go anywhere without wearing my gold Michael Kors watch. I wear it everyday and love to stack bangles or friendship bracelets with it."




This two, below, are from Lauren Elan Collections (one of my new favorite jewelry designers). Her bracelets are PERFECT for layering. In fact, Taylor from Sterling Style features Lauren Elan bracelets frequently on her blog.



The colors and types of bracelets you pair together can really add an artistic element to the look of the an outfit. This trend is great because it costs nothing and you can't ever go wrong. You can mix-n-match any of the jewelry you already own to achieve this look. Mix bangles with charm bracelets, friendship bracelets with silver jewelry; gold watches with pearls.. anything you want. (If you're more of a necklace girl, try layering necklaces of different lengths, thicknesses, and colors.  You'll be surprised how much of a difference it makes.)

Make it your own:
My Watch (Seen in older posts; Similar to Taylor's at Sterling Style): Michael Kors $225

Examples of bracelets you can stack--


3 comments:

  1. I'm stacking today... actually i stack everyday! love that trend

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Loreal's comment - I'm also stackin today - and everyday! I think i've bought 4 bracelets so far this summer. The picture are gorge btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a great trend because it can be carried through all of the seasons. This will never go out of fashion :)

    ReplyDelete