Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sunny Skirt

I'd like to move to the beach. Maybe not permanently, but for a month or two.. or three... I draw a lot of inspiration from beachy style - easy, simple pieces put together that look effortlessly chic. One of my favorite online boutiques to skim for outfit ideas is Hallelu. It's a shore-side boutique located in North Carolina that has unique clothing and accessory selections that totally embody beach-chic style.

One look I wear often is a tank tucked into a skirt. It's a good casual look, but it can also be dressed up and work-appropriate. This particular outfit from Hallelu, below, is a color combo that just makes me happy. I love this yellow skirt! My favorite part is the star pocket detail - super creative. The minimal jewelry keeps the outfit simple, and the messy top bun is cute-without-trying. She's ready for a walk on the beach (take me with you??).



Photo credits: Thank you, Katie Blaha, for snapping these great pics for me!

Jewelry close up: Right Hand - Sapphire and Opal family heirloom ring; Gold cut-out ring from Banana Republic; Left Hand- Antique tree ring from a London thrift store 

For my outfit, I wore a yellow skirt from the J.Crew factory store. I love that my skirt has pockets.. sadly they're not star-shaped like the Hallelu skirt, but still a fun detail! Tucked into the skirt, I wore a gray tank from Target that has thin gold horizontal stripes. Like I've said in previous posts, Target is a great place to find inexpensive, basic tops & tanks, like this one.  For my shoes, I wore multi-color t-strap sandals from Steve Madden (you can see these sandals in the close-up photo above).

To match the Hallelu photo, I wore a bangle and a few simple rings.  I also pulled my hair up into a messy top bun. I actually learned how to recreate this hairstyle from Jill Gott-Gleason through her blog Good Life For Less. You can watch Jill's video tutorial on how to achieve the messy top bun hairstyle here.




Make it your own:
Skirt: J.Crew Factory (Similar)
Tank:Target $8
Sandals:  Steve Madden $39.99
Ring: Aldo (Similar) $8
Gold bangles: Forever 21 (Similar) $5.80

1 comment: