Friday, July 22, 2011

PREP for The Weekend

First of all... HAPPY FRIDAY!

Now onto the style...

Growing up in Baltimore and attending a prep school all my life, I have Preppy style running through my blood. I love a good madras fabric & I think plaid suits everyone! :)

Today's inspiration photo is from Rugby Ralph Lauren. This ruffled madras maxi dress is perfect to throw on for the weekend! I love the combination of patterns and angles that give this dress a flirty feel. This type of maxi can be dressed up with heels or down with sandals, making it an ideal day-to-night outfit for a Saturday spent running around town.



For my interpretation, I wore a J.Crew madras strapless dress. I've had this dress for about 5 years now, and I always love wearing it! It's so easy to throw on, and it's an entire outfit on its own. If it gets chilly, I could pair it with a tissue cardigan in any of the colors from the pattern-- yellow, green, navy, red, orange-- it's extremely versatile.  Grab my green bag and nude sandals (because I don't own white espadrilles to match the photo above) and I'm ready to take on the day!



Make it your own:
Dress: (mine is several seasons old from J.Crew) Juicy Couture (Similar)
Sandals: Kelly & Katie $39.95
Tissue sweater: J.Crew (Similar)
Bag: Longchamp $125

3 comments: