Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Colorful Stripes





















I love the updated nautical look! I think there's something very fresh and clean about crisp blues and whites paired with bright summer hues. I came across this outfit on Chictopia. If you have the time, you should definitely check it out. Lots of creative ideas from stylish fashionistas!

I actually had a lot of similar pieces to pull together this outfit! For this look, I wore my rustic orange capris from Talbots. Capris are a great summer staple - something every woman should own. They're ideal because they can be dressed up with a nice top and heels, or worn casual with a basic tee. To keep in the nautical theme, I paired the capris with a striped tank. I absolutely love the asymmetrical lines!

Brighten it up and give it your own personal style with fun accessories. Working with navy blue is easy because it matches almost anything -- I especially like it mixed with turquoise or bright purple. Again, what's so great about this outfit, is that you can mix and match the colors. This would look great with white pants, even regular jeans.

Make it your own:
Capris: Talbots (Similar)
Tank: J.Crew (Similar)
Necklace: H&M $16
Sandals: Jack Rogers $97


3 comments:

  1. The most useful part of this blog is the 'make it your own' category. I love that you can see it, catalog where to buy the items and then shop away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loooove your necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also love the jack rodgers! i'm obsessed!

    ReplyDelete