Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Black & Blue




















Ok -- Here goes my first look!

I found this outfit from one of the best fashion blogs I follow, J's Everyday Fashion. J's blog actually inspired me to start my own, so in honor of that, I recreated an outfit that she did a few weeks ago.

The original inspiration for this outfit is from Ann Taylor. J wore a white skirt versus shorts, and chose her own jewelry and scarf accessories to match the palette. I always thought pairing black and blue together made you resemble a bruise, but J proved otherwise and I absolutely love the color combo!

For my outfit, I kept the same color palette, but made it work with what I already owned. I don't have a white pencil skirt, so I changed it up a by going with a black one. A simple white tank tucked in, pulled together with a thin belt and cardigan, is ALL you need for a great go-to work outfit! Add in your own statement jewelry and BOOM! Outfit: Complete.

(Note: While I often forget this myself, you don't always need to go out and buy new pieces to put together new outfits. You can re-purpose items you have in your closet, pairing them with different pieces to create a unique look!)

Make it your own:
Tank: Gap $12.95
Sweater, Skirt, Belt, Long Necklace: J.Crew (all older items)
Shoes: Nine West (Similar)

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this outfit! You look so confident and classy.

    ReplyDelete