Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday Trend: Color Blocking for Fall

You all know from some of my previous posts that I'm a big supporter of color blocking. I think it's adventurous, and cool, and makes ever outfit unique.

I stumbled across this photo from the 3.1 Phillip Lim runway at New York Fashion Week for Fall 2011. What I really love about this look is that Phillip Lim transitions to fall, but doesn't lose the bright hues in the clothing. There's a common misconception that in the colder months you should only wear navy,  black, and other darker colors. False. This outfit is a great example of how to incorporate brights in longer length tops and pants.

I also love how PL paired a circular necklace with a v-neck top. It adds a sense of asymmetry -- another style element I'm a huge fan of!

Photo courtesy of Fashionologie

Since it's still warm out, I want to get as much sandal use in as possible! For this outfit, I wore Sam Edelman flats with a gorgeous beaded design.

I don't know if you're able to tell, but the flowers and all the detail on the top portion is
made from individually sewn on beads. Love these sandals!

Make it your own:
Shirt: American Apparel $21
Sweater: J.Crew (Similar) $62
Pants: J.Crew (Similar) $39.99
Sandals: Sam Edelman
Necklace: Picked up at a craft fair

No comments:

Post a Comment