Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Modern Take On Military

There's something casually sexy about combining the neutral tones associated with the military-- greens, blacks, browns. It's a look that's versatile, easy to create throughout all four seasons, and simply chic.

I think the way Diane Kruger worked this look is perfect. She paired a black dress with a green military jacket to create an everyday outfit. I love how she combined the sweet, feminine frock with the edginess of the jacket. Her studded high-top sneakers and chain shoulder purse added feminine funk to this look!

Photo courtesy of Just Jared

For my outfit, I wore a Banana Republic braided halter dress, and a jacket from Ann Taylor Loft. I'm obsessed with this Jacket! It's lightweight, so I can wear it all year round. To work, I obviously can't wear studded sneakers... so I opted for embellished sandals from Steve Madden (that I picked up at Filene's Basement for almost nothing-- such a steal!).  I finished off my outfit with gold &coral earrings, and a gold ring, which gave the ensemble a more polished look for the office (I mean, as polished as it can be with a military jacket in the mix)! 


This doesn't show perfectly in the photo, but I also painted my nails in gold glitter polish just for fun :)

Make it your own:
Dress: Banana Republic Outlet (Similar)
Jacket: Ann Taylor Loft (Similar-- this is the newer version)
Shoes: Steve Madden $20
Ring: Gift, Antique from London
Earrings: EveryOccasionDesigns
Nail Polish: CVS (generic brand) about $2 or $3

No comments:

Post a Comment