Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday Scarves

Happy weekend!

Today's post is short and sweet: it's about a fun way to work scarves into your wardrobe. You've probably seen belted scarves on the runway or on your favorite celebrities/bloggers. Some examples....




Have you tried it out on your own?

I actually had a lot of fun with this look. My version is slightly less glamorous than the runway examples above. It's more closely aligned to the fashion blogger's pic second down from the top.

I wore straight leg navy corduroys from Madewell, and then a couple layers on top. I started off with a grey cross-back tank, followed by one of my favorite cashmere cardigans. I love it for its bright hue, but more importantly because it's the softest thing I own! I added on a multi-colored striped scarf and chose a yellow belt for a pop of color & to add some spunk :)

What do you think? Like? Dislike?





Without all the layering pieces on top 
Slightly blurry back of the shirt
Tip: Even though it's the winter, you can always utilize your summer tops! There's no reason for them to sit in our closet and collect dust for half the year. Layer a cardigan, heavier top, scarf, or something else over a summer tank to make it seasonally appropriate. Today's outfit is a good example.

So tell me: would you try the belted scarf? 

-GJU

Make it your own:
Cardigan: Talbots
Scarf: Gift
Belt: Target
Shirt: J.Crew Factory (Several years old)
Pants: Madewell
Flats: J.Crew Factory Store
Watch: NY&Co.

5 comments:

  1. Love the yellow belt. I have 1 zillion scarves so I'm always looking to find new ways to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it! I am totally going to start taking style tips from you Jess! Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would ABSOLUTELY try the belted scarf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that top! Love it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You are wonderful! Thanks!
    La Canadienne Women's Felicia Boot

    ReplyDelete