Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Happy Medium: Errand Duty!

So... not everyday can be as fabulous as I'd like it to be in the wardrobe department. It's a sad reality.

On days when I have a bunch of errands to run & things to do around town, I'm not about to traipse around in a pencil skirt and my favorite platform pumps. On that same token, I don't like using it as an excuse to run all over Baltimore county in sweats. There has to be a happy medium, right?

I like to think so.

Here is what I wore last week on my To-Do List Day. Not as "shlumpy" as sweats and a tee, but not as nice as a dress and flats. It's a happy medium, a compromise-- if you will.

((Also.. my outfit is entirely from the J.Crew factory store. Great deals there this time of year, right after the holidays!))



This sweatshirt has a small size zipper, only on the left side. Fun feature :)
I really loved how the side zipper showcased the feminine polka dot pattern underneath.

Flats with glitter at the tip. I refer to them as "Twinkle Toes"

Make it your own:
Polka Dot Tee: $24.50
Sweatshirt: $24.99 (Similar; My sweatshirt is a bit different with the zipper; couldn't find online) 
Jeans: Matchstick, $59.50
Flats: $69.50 (Similar; My flats were on clearance; couldn't find them online)

P.S. Thanks @ChrisMinMD for allowing me to borrow his car which provided a much more lovely backdrop than then leafless trees in my backyard.




5 comments:

  1. I'm seriously obsessed with those flats. And the outfit looks so comfy! Have fun running errands :)

    Meg
    @MissMegasaurus
    www.glamoroushustle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flats are from J.Crew factory store-- forgot to tell you!

      Delete
  2. I think it's a perfect "running around town" outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg- I was obsessed the minute I saw them too.. kind of an impulse purchase!!

    B-- Thanks so much! I love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! Hope you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete