Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tutorial Part II: Sassy Kitten Nails!

It seems that people really loved reading Caitlin's make up tutorial, so here's round two of her post! Pair your smokin' hot cat eye with a fierce, easy-to-do nail design!

Back to Caitlin's post...
---
Now, for a quick three-step cheetah print nail to go with your smoky cat eye look. Here are the polishes I used: 



Apply two layers of a base color of your choice – I chose gold and red as an homage to the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday: 



Using a black nail art color, draw semi-circle shapes on each nail:


Using a white nail art color, dab little circles inside each semi-circle shape and finish 
off with a clear topcoat:



Tip: to clean up excess polish on your cuticles, you can dip a small precision brush dipped in nail polish remover.

I hope these tips were helpful and that you feel inspired to go experiment with some color! 
---

Well... I hope this inspires you, like Caitlin said, to experiment with bright colors and patterns on your nails. And.. in honor of Valentine's Day, may your inner cheetah come out and have a good night with your man! (Or woman!) To each her own :)

Happy Valentine's Day!



2 comments:

  1. I love this look! I'm hooked on the gel nail color right now because my nails are pretty weak - however I am definitely trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gel polish is still something I haven't tried. Does it really last as long as people say?

    ReplyDelete