Monday, February 27, 2012

Pink & Orange: Clashing Color-Blocking Revisited

A few months ago, I did a post on clashing color-blocking which included a segment on pink & red, and on orange & purple. Today, I'm revisiting that post! It's starting to get warmer out in Baltimore and with warm weather comes bright colors (at least in my book!)

I'm really into pink & orange. 

Here are some ways I've seen the colors styled by other bloggers, celebs, and in editorial shoots:



As you can see, the colors are really versatile when paired together -- a lot more than I actually realized before looking into creating this post. You can add in other colors-- white, black, green, beige-- and it all seems to match even though the orange and pink are on the verge of clashing.

Here's how I got Jessed up:


So for my outfit, the color-blocking happens on its own. The pleated skirt boasts both of the focal colors, making putting this look together extremely easy! I decided to go with black on the top and bottom, and added a statement necklace with golds and greens.

Side note: Because I like this outfit, kind of annoyed I didn't get an actual pic taken from someone else. Mirror shot will have to suffice.

What do you think? Would you wear this outfit, or pink & orange together?

Make it your own:
Skirt: Francesca's Collections (On sale for around $24)
Shirt: J. Crew $98 (Pricey, but was a great investment. Have worn so many times already!)
Necklace: Brass Plum, Nordstrom (Similar style, Another option)
Heels: Guess, DSW $44.95



15 comments:

  1. Jess I love this outfit! Pink and orange, surprisingly, look beautiful together! And, as we saw last night, red and pink (on Michelle Williams) is working, too. Rock out, sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby! Michelle Williams was WORKIN' the red carpet last night at the Oscars! Love these two colors together-- and it would look GREAT on your with your blonde hair. Pop of color!

      Delete
  2. You're rocking so many spring trends here: bright color, color blocking, pleats, mixed metals/stones in the jewelry! Love it :)

    Christa
    www.freshsqueezedfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christa! I love mixing and matching colors, trends, metals.. etc. Glad you approve!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this skirt. I think this is my favorite outfit you have posted on your blog! So chic and on-trend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. thank you so much! I love/follow your blog also!

      Delete
  5. Oh, no! I can't find the skirt on the link you provided.... I'll keep looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Probably because it had gone on sale (Originally it was about $44-- I picked it up for about $24) so I'm guessing it's out of stock online. They do still have it in a bunch of the stores though. May be worth calling?

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll try calling. Love this look!

      Delete
  6. Found the skirt! Thanks for the heads-up! The store in Flowood, Mississippi sends their regards and many thanks for the promo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing. I'm so glad you found it. If you want, once you get it, I'd love to see a photo of how you style it. I can feature it on my blog. I often do "Featured Fashionistas" on Fridays-- they include a pic of the fashionista in her outfit, and her description of why she styled it the way she did! Just throwing it out there if you think it sounds like something you'd want to do! Either way, I'd love to see a pic of you in the skirt when you get it!

      Delete
  7. Sounds great! Once it is warm enough, I'll probably go with a black Talbot's short sleeved sweater. I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have checked out all your wish list. I love it also. Specially the pink and orange combined dress are so cute. The pink mini skirt is one of my favorite wearing. Thanks for sharing the valuable post.

    ReplyDelete