Friday, February 3, 2012

Purple Friday-- Talbots Takeover

Just because the Ravens are out of the running for the Super Bowl, doesn't mean my Purple Friday outfits have ended! I love incorporating Baltimore pride into my wardrobe without being completely obvious about it. Maybe next week I'll try to integrate a Raven's tee shirt with a pencil skirt and see how that goes. Could be weird. Could be genius.

Today's outfit is entirely from Talbots. I never used to like Talbots because it was where my mom shopped. It was... old lady like. But I'm telling you, for real-- they've completely changed their aesthetic. Talbots is much more current and I the majority of their merch.. (p.s. They didn't ask me to say this. I legit love).

Here's the look. Thoughts?

Mildly obsessed with the purple blazer. Also slightly more than mildly
obsessed with the pencil skirt and heeled sandals.



Sometimes you lean back while smiling and gazing off into the distance.
Sometimes it's captured on film.  And it's awkward.
And it should be showcased on your blog.
One without the blazer. Again with that face-- Really?

Make it your own:
All from Talbots:
Blazer and Another (Both great options!)





12 comments:

  1. The way you styled the blazer makes it look so much better than the pic on the Talbots website. Also mildly obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! That's actually a HUGE compliment! I'd love to style those sort of shoots for a career... How do you even break into that industry haha!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog - glad to find another Baltimore fashion blogger! Love your entire outfit! My friend is a stylist at Talbot's, and they have definitely done a major overhaul on their clothes. I bought an awesome necklace there around the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit! I, too, thought Talbot's was an "old lady" store. Only until the one was closing down in the Inner Harbor did I check it out (and realize it was pretty nice).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used to think so also bc my mom would always shop there. They've totally revamped their image and are carrying much younger, more current pieces now

      Delete
  5. Just had to comment on that purple blazer. It's amazing. Now on my must have list. Love t.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess,
    Wow, really enjoying your blog and great sense of style! Loving this whole outfit! I have this great skirt also. Is this blazer the Kate fit pique knit jacket in pansy? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy, for such a nice comment! I love doing my blog, and would hope, if nothing else, it inspires people to dress confidently and colorfully!

      I think the jacket is the Kate in pansy-- I wish I'd written down the style number but unfortunately I didn't! Either way, the Kate in pansy would look GREAT with the skirt :)

      Delete
  7. Is the purple blazer part of the current Talbots collection? I was thinking maybe the piqque jacket in pansy, but this looks more royal purple. Can you reference the item, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there-- Unfortunately I did't catch the style number when I was in the store. I think it is the Kate Pique in Pansy.. it was definitely a deeper purple rather than royal. More along the lines of eggplant. Good luck finding it!

      Delete