Monday, December 5, 2011

Consignment is the New Black!

This holiday season, do something different.

Don't go out and buy that black cocktail dress from the mall.... that you can pretty much guarantee 2 other people in your office will also buy. It would be a shame to show up in the same outfit to the Employee Holiday Party. A damn shame.

So.. where should you go to get unique, one-of-a-kind ensembles to blow the others away this winter?

My vote-- local thrift stores. Let's narrow it down even more... I highly suggest you check out Wear It's At-- my all-time favorite high-end consignment boutique located in Reisterstown, MD. 

I stopped into Wear It's At this weekend to check out holiday party outfits because my office party is this upcoming Friday. I found some fabulous ideas. I thought I'd share my top choices here on Get Jessed Up! I'll post some of the outfits today and the rest tomorrow-- whoop whoop double holiday cheer!

So... take a look! Under each outfit I told you brands and prices so you can go find these outfits for yourself!

Look #1: 
This look reminded me of Carrie Bradshaw a la Dior on Sex and the City:

Only SJP can hold that bag and not look like a tourist.



This outfit is so much fun! Pairing a bright comfy tee with a silk taffeta floor length skirt screams Sex and the City. And with SATC being one of my top 3 favorite series of all time-- this outfit brought out my inner Carrie Bradshaw/SJP spunk! This would be great for a casual, funky work environment. If you're an artist, or a graphic designer, or something where creativity is encouraged-- go this route. Take one for the team.

Make it your own:
Shirt: J. Crew, $19.99
Skirt: Carmen Marc Valvo, $98
Clutch: $21
Heels: Vince Camuto, $68
Necklace:

Look #2
If your holiday party is on the more elegant end of the spectrum, opt for an understated gown. I say understated because you don't want to show up looking like this... for obvious reasons.


I really love the asymmetrical silk pattern, and how it continues all the way around the dress.  Don't look at my elbows. Clearly I forgot to apply extra lotion. #Ashy


Make it your own:
Dress: Max and Cleo, $78.95
Gold beaded bracelet: $14.95

Look #3
For a more casual setting, a simple frock over tights will be perfect. This particular one, with the embellished collar, spoke to me. Loud. And. Clear. Not to mention the ballooned sleeves. Class meets drama at it's finest. 



This look is also great for an everyday office ensemble. Super versatile, comfortable, and makes a statement without shoving holiday sparkle down your colleague's throats (which I'm not necessarily saying is a bad thing...).

Make it your own:
Dress: Oasis, &78.95

More outfits to come in tomorrow's post: Consignment is the New Black: Part Deux!

No comments:

Post a Comment