Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bundled Up Bohemian

It's cold as hell out there, so it's important to stay bundled up! To keep cozy, I go the layering route. It's practical-- you can peel off layers if you get warm, and add them on if you're cold. Makes sense, right?!

It's also fashionable, in my opinion. Today's outfit is an example of how to layer different fabrics, patterns, and materials to create a cohesive look. 

I like that my purple tank and striped cardigan are longer lengths than my vest. I think the asymmetry of the lengths is visually appealing. I added on my fun new ear-warmer headband, and moccasins to complete the somewhat hippie/casual-chic look. The turquoise ring, long necklace, and stacked bracelet pull it all together and bring out the coral from the headband. 


Because I know you wanted a close up of my face (not).... but you can better
see the detail on the headband.

Celebs I've spotted in similar knit head & hair-wear include:

Taylor Swift

Whitney Port

Shailene Woodley

How do you stay warm in the winter? Do you like to layer? Would you wear a knot headband to keep your ears out of the cold?

Let me know what you think of this outfit and how you're keeping cozy this holiday season!

Make it your own:
Vest: J. Crew (last winter)
Cardigan: J. Crew (last winter)
Jeans: Gap, Always Skinny $69.95
Turquoise ring and Head band: handmade pieces from a Craft fair
Stacked bracelets: New York & Company
Moccasins: Minnetonka, Kitty Suede Moc (I've had these for about 3 years-- so comfy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment