Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Work Out, Twerk Out

The adventure continues...

As I mentioned in my last post about my goal of living a healthier lifestyle, it's not easy for me. I work out quite a bit, but I also enjoy food. I had just joined Weight Watchers in an attempt to get my snacking habits back under control.

Since then, it's been about three and a half weeks, and I've lost 8 pounds. This is fantastic news because it means that if I get my face out of the fridge for a couple weeks, I can get back to my 'normal' weight. That's all i wanted out of this: I wasn't trying to drop an unrealistic amount of weight in a month. My goal was to just get back to where I was. I am going to continue with the WW program, and hopefully, combined with my workout routine, I continue to see improvement, both physically, and more importantly, how I feel.



Lots of happy shout outs to my trainer, Tim, for keeping me on task and making sure I show up ready to work during our training sessions. I don't think doing WW alone would be making a difference. He's been awesome at keeping the workouts interesting, changing them up a little each time to ensure my muscles don't adapt preventing me from plateauing and getting the best workout I could.

I'll keep you guys posted on the progress!

Onto equally as exciting news...

New workout gear! I've mentioned before that I love Fabletics, and now I'll mention it again. I ordered two more pairs of workout capris, two sports bras, a sweater and a top. I've worn everything but the sweater so far, and can definitely say that I really like the pieces a lot. The Fabletics leggings that I got - the Lima Capris - have maximum compression which is super important when you're doing various cardio exercises at the gym. I have an issue with my spandex falling down (#FlatAssProblems) so the maximum compression helps combat that issue and keep them in place.

The two sports bras I got - the Vaasa Sports Bras - have medium-support. They're OK for working out with weights, but I wouldn't suggest going for a run with them.

Here's what I got...

First outfit: Gust



This outfit combo is called Gust. I purchased all three pieces. I love how
all the pieces go together, but can also be mixed & matched with other
workout clothing.

Austin Wrap

Vaasa Sports Bra


Lima Capri

Second outfit: Authority


This outfit is called Authority. I absolutely love the top and how it
shows off the pattern on the back of the sports bra.

I decided to get the top in cobalt blue to match a pair of my sneakers,
and add some color to the outfit

Switch Back Tee

I like that you can wear it backward or forward, and it's cute
with a cami under it.

Vaasa Sports Bra

Lima Capri

What do you think of the outfits? Would you wear any of those pieces? Fabletics has a bunch of other pieces you can mix and match as well, but I love how they put together outfit suggestions for you to make it easier.  Here's a link  to the Fabletics website... happy browsing :)

Until next time,
GJU

No comments:

Post a Comment