Monday, March 24, 2014

New Baubles and a Braid

As you guys know, I love statement necklaces. LOVE. They can elevate a simple tee shirt, and add sparkle, shine, and color to any outfit. Here are some baubles I'm currently loving:

J. Crew

Anthropologie 

Francesca's 


J. Crew


Feeling inspired by spring - and by all of the aforementioned necklaces - I picked up a glass and grey leaf necklace for myself (and I am absolutely obsessed with it)!

Top: J. Crew, Necklace: J. Crew, Belt: LOFT, Denim: LOFT, Shoes: Steve Madden (Similar)


While we're at it on the outfit pics, here's what I wore the other day. Neutrals on neutrals on neutrals = my upcoming summer wardrobe. I love putting peaches with pinks, and whites with beiges. 

Jacket: LOFT, Top: Free People (Similar), Bracelets: LOFT

On a totally different note... I am trying to learn how to braid. I don't mean your average braid - I know how to do that. But I want to learn how to french braid, inside out french braid, and fishtail braid.

Photo: The Freckled Fox

Photo: Posie Blogs

Photo: The Freckled Fox

I have a lot ton of hair (duh), and blowing it dry/straightening it everyday just doesn't work in my schedule. Takes too long, my arms get tired, I have no patience, and so on.

I feel like knowing how to do more kinds of braids would really benefit me. Instead of throwing my hair up into a clip like I do every. single. day. (see both selfie outfit photos above/every other photo ever) these new braiding techniques would give me other ways to throw my hair back quickly and effortlessly but in a more polished way.

Though I've tried many times, I still cannot french braid quite yet. However, here is my best first attempt at the fishtail braid. IMHO, it's a damn good first try! (Thanks, Danielle, for showing me how to do this!)


Can you do any fun braiding styles? Please share your secrets and teach me your talents!


No comments:

Post a Comment