Monday, May 6, 2013

What I Wore (and felt) This Weekend

This weekend was an emotional roller-coaster.

Happy: It was gorgeous weather. I was so excited to finally be able to enjoy the day sitting outside with a cold beer and good friends, listening to music and soaking up the sun. It doesn't get much better than that!

Self-Conscious: As you know, due to a comment made to me last week, I'm now more aware of the changes my body has gone through. This weekend, the warmer weather called for shorts and dresses, and I had a difficult time choosing things to wear. As I start to eat healthier and see positive changes, hopefully this will dissolve.

Reflective: My ex-fiance proposed to his current girlfriend this weekend. We broke up about 3 years ago, and he started dating his now fiance shortly after. I knew she was a much better fit for him than I was. I am happy for them and wish them the best, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a little bruised by the whole thing. It may be selfish to feel that way, but it's how I feel. I followed my heart, and made a decision to do what was best for me. I am glad, almost relieved, it turned out to be the best for him as well.

Blessed: When I need it most, my friends and family are always there. Sometimes, I need a little mood uplift, and my circle never disappoints. You know when I need you, and you know when to leave it alone. You know how I feel without me having to tell you, and you know that my feelings are complex and often ungrounded. You let me vent, and that's all I need. Thank you.

On that note, here's what I wore this weekend:

I'm obsessed with tribal prints this summer. This maxi dress is about to become a weekend staple in my wardrobe! 



Remember that Anthropologie shirt I recently purchased? Found an excuse to wear it! 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty girl! Sounds like you had a crazy weekend. Love that Anthropologie shirt!

    xo Meg
    @MissMegasaurus
    www.glamoroushustle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that dress from Loft? I sure hope so. #loveit

    ReplyDelete