Thursday, July 24, 2014

Frame of Mind

If you've followed my blog over the last couple of years, you know I love my Warby Parkers. I got my first pair back in September 2011, and since then, I've become a huge fan of the brand. (Miss my previous posts? Check 'em out here!)

Aside from the frame designs, there are two more things I love about Warby Parker.

1) Buy a Pair, Give A Pair: For every pair of frames purchased, Warby Parker gives a pair to people in need. So far, they've distributed one million pairs of glasses with the help of their nonprofit partners. Click on the link to watch their video. It's pretty awesome. You can look good, and feel good about it.

2) 5 Pairs. 5 Days. At Home Try-On: Looking at glasses online and trying to figure out if they will complement the shape of your face, eyes, etc. is a daunting task. Fortunately for me for all of us, Warby Parker has a solution. You can pick five frames (that will be shipped to you for free), wear them around for five days to figure out which you like best, buy your faves online, and ship back the samples. (Return shipping: also free. Winner, winner.)


I have the Huxley frames in Whiskey Tortoise

It's been a couple of years since I've picked up a new pair of frames, but I think it's about time. Warby Parker's new Beacon Collection (which launches today!) is the perfect reason to step up my frame game. 

The Beacon Collection is inspired by those days that start out with no plans, but end up being all-nighters full of memories. Those days that seem to pass us by too quickly, and turn into those nights that you wish could bottle up and re-live again and again. 

It's basically a collection that describes my ideal summer: too many good memories to count, and not enough days to fit it all in. They're a lifestyle... a frame of mind that's open to anything, up for adventure, and never ready to call it a night.








Images provided by Warby Parker

Warby Parker describes the collection as frames that "make a similarly fine companion to late night dates, rooftop sunrises, and everything in between." The collection is unexpected, unsupervised, and easy.

GJU Gets the Inside Scoop

I was lucky enough to get the inside scoop on WP's new frames in the Beacon Collection before the launch. Love eyeglasses but don't need them? Not to worry. Several of the styles are available in sunglasses.

I did my homework, and here's my summary of the Beacon Collection. Get in-the-know, get on their website, and find your Beacon frame of mind.

Garrett
Distinctive. Smart. Refined.
These frames are perfect for the work day/happy hour/night out on the town transition. The Oak Barrel pair reminds me of my Huxley's.

Oak Barrel


Blue Slate Fade


McKee
Easygoing. Sprightly. 
I am obsessed with the McKee in Moonstone. The round frames and grey matte color are a cool combo that I think would accent any gal on the go.

Whiskey Tortoise

Moonstone

Ingram
Shades of leisure and revelry.
Something about these frames reminds me of Ferris Bueller. And I think that's perfectly fitting. 

Revolver Black

Tiger Tortoise

Nancy
Cosmopolitan, world traveler. Oversized frames to match and oversized personality.
The Lemon pair? Be still my beating heart. 

Tourmaline

Lemon


So, which pair speaks to you and your lifestyle? If you couldn't tell from my editorial comments, I am swooning over the McKee in Moonstone and the Nancy in Lemon. 

Let me know which one's get you in the right frame of mind. Once we have our Beacons, let's go out. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment