Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Beach Bunny Body

I learned about Beach Bunny Swimwear last year when I saw one of their ads featuring Kate Upton.

Here is some of the current campaign featuring Kate (because we're on a first name basis):





[Sidenote: I love Kate Upton. I love that she doesn't hide her curves. I love that she isn't rail thin. I love that she embraces her body and rocks the hell out of a bikini.]

Anyway, ever since I discovered the brand, I've wanted to own one of their bathing suits. Though it's been almost over a year, I've not yet purchased one for myself for a few reasons:

1) The bathing suits are pretty pricey. They range from $109 - $250 for both pieces.
2) If I am going to spend that kind of money on a bathing suit, I would like my body to be in much better shape. If I am going to own it, I want to own it, and feel good about myself when I'm in it.
3) I've got no where to wear it. I feel like those bathing suits are a little... much... for your average neighborhood pool.

So, here's what I'm thinking:

I am going to challenge myself, with the reward being purchasing one of the Beach Bunny bathing suits.

If I lose 15-20 lbs., I will gift myself a bikini from Beach Bunny. I will also take a long weekend and go somewhere, whether it's the beach or a resort in Atlantic City. Just somewhere to break in my new suit other than the pool in my apartment community.

This is going to be tough for me. I don't get enough any exercise, which of course I take full responsibility for considering the fact I've been a huge slacker and haven't been to the gym in two, going on three, years. I need to get my behind back into shape, and the first step is obviously going to the gym. Secondly, I need to eat better. It's not that I go through fast food drive-thru's all the time, because actually, I don't eat fast food at all! (I don't consider Subway or Panera fast food, but for the sake of this challenge, I'll remove them from my diet for the time being). I do, however, snack. A lot. All the time. I am a BIG snacker, so I'll need to curb that habit pretty significantly for this to be successful.

For the record, the goal for this challenge is not to lose a ton of weight.  Realistically, I know that won't happen. However, I do need to lose 15-20 lbs. to be healthy. I need to gain lean muscle and tone up. Overall, I am proud of my body and am comfortable with the curves that I have. I am not proud, however, of the Pillsbury doughboy effect that has enveloped my stomach and thighs.

There's no deadline for this challenge, but I do hope to achieve it over the next couple of months. If it takes until the end of the summer, or if it takes until the end of Fall, I'll be happy with that (and go somewhere warm once it's colder here so I can better enjoy the sunny weather!).

Here are some of the suits I am eyeing right now:

Knitted Zig Zag Balconette Bikini, $215

Sexy Sequin Lace Bikini, $170

All Eyes on Me, $179

Yes. That's Chrissy Teigen. I love her as much as I love Kate Upton, probably more, mainly because I am jealous of her marriage with John Legend. They have to be the hottest couple on the planet. Have to be.

So wish me luck. It's going to be a tough couple months of trying to eat right, increase my activity levels, and get back on track. With your support, it will be much easier. Here we go!

Until next time,
GJU

2 comments:

  1. High Five girl! My goal the last few months was to wear a bikini on the beach and not feel self conscious! Since last August I lost 35 lbs and actually rocked a new bikini each day on our 5-day trip to Jamaica last week. We did a cleanse to start off our weight loss journey (B & I have been working hard at this together) and it really helped me learn better eating habits. DM me on Twitter if you want me to tell you more about it.

    PS - The last bikini, the white one, is my fave. It'll look killer with some color on your skin!

    xo Meg
    @MissMegasaurus
    www.glamoroushustle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lost 35 pounds!? That's incredible. Way to go! I wish I was that good at sticking with it. So far.. not so good haha. I'll keep you posted on my progress :)

      Delete