Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Top that!

I'm a big fan of tops that do all the work for me. Something patterned, something pretty. Something that has enough going on that I don't need to accessorize it beyond a simple stud earring. A top that does all the talking.

Over the last few weeks, I've snagged some new tops that do just that. A couple I've already had the chance to wear, but I can't wait to start wearing and integrating these new pieces into my Fall wardrobe! Excited to see what kinds of different outfits I can come up with :)

These first two tops I got from my own version of heaven Anthropologie. I absolutely love the lace detail of the first top! Paired with the floral pattern, it has such a flirty, feminine feel to it. The second top I've had a chance to wear, and I can't tell you how many compliments I received! And is anything better than being complimented on a brand new top, tags freshly ripped off? Nothing. Beats. That. The sheer black layered over the champagne colored satin underneath is just gorgeous. I also like the cut of the top-- super flattering on me because it flows nicely over the hips, helping to smooth out my curves.

Only Hearts Ditsy Daisy Cami, $39.95 (on sale!)

Swingpane Tank, $59.95 (on sale!)

Last weekend with my cousin celebrating her Bat Mitzvah.

This LOFT top is also going to make lots of outfit appearances this fall. The rich navy color contrasts sharply with the crisp white hearts. I love the flutter sleeves and zipper detail on the back as well! Again, because the pattern of the shirt is busy enough, no jewelry/accessorizing is needed. I think adding a necklace or ornate earrings would create a look that's too loud.

Heart Print Shoulder Pleat Shell, $49.99 (on sale!)


I wore white denim with this top the first time, but I think I'm going to
try it under a blazer with darker denim next time.

This sweater from Talbots was made for me. I absolutely adore the rain boots graphic (super cute!), and I love the button shoulder detail. I can't wait to snuggle up in this sweater on a rainy day. It's sure to be a conversation starter... and if you know me, you know chatting is my strong suit!

Comfy Rainy Day Shoulder-Button Sweater, $89.50, c/o Talbots

Have you purchased any tops lately that talk the talk? Or have you been eyeing anything at your favorite store?

Would love to see what you've found!

-GJU

No comments:

Post a Comment