Monday, November 5, 2012

The Time I Cruised to Nowhere Fast

So, I was supposed to go on a cruise to Bermuda, but Hurricane Sandy had other plans for me. Our Royal Caribbean ship ended up staying at sea for all 6 days of the cruise, and three of those days we actually anchored outside of Cape Charles, Virginia. And it rained the whole time.

However, I'm a glass half-full kinda girl. Chris and I made the best of our vacation, and took full advantage of all of the cruise ship amenities: lots of food, drink, and socializing with other hurricane cruise troopers. We had a blast, even though we got no sun and didn't make it to Bermuda.

I wish we'd taken more photos but here's what we did manage to capture on our tropical island vacation to Bermuda nowhere:

A glass of wine before dinner :)

Oops! Half-open eyes, but a decent shot of our outfits.

Since we were anchored during the storm, this dress was fitting :)

One of the formal nights... My boyfriend is handsome in his tux!

The Orpheum Theater was beautiful!

Chris snapped this one before dinner.

Make it your own:
Floral Dress: J.Crew
Brown Wedges: Steve Madden
Dizzy Anchor Dress: J.Crew
Heart Blouse: LOFT
Green Stripe Sweater: LOFT 
Black Gown: Nordstrom
Champagne Dangle Earrings: Cache (Similar)

Even though we didn't make it to Bermuda, I had a great time with Chris and would do it all over again if I could.

I hope that you all stayed safe during Hurricane Sandy.. and for those readers along the Eastern sea board, my thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your families!



  1. Ummm LOVE this! You look so super happy with such a dashing young man ;). Sorry your cruise didn't take you to where you were supposed to go, but glad you still had a good time and were safe and sound from that nasty storm. Please tell Chris I'm so thankful he has finally made an appearance on the blog and I hope to see him around here more often!

    xo Meg

  2. Been eye-ing that anchor dress for awhile but wasn't sure how it would look IRL; love it on you! May have to buy it now.

    xo bri