Monday, November 5, 2012

The Time I Cruised to Nowhere Fast

So, I was supposed to go on a cruise to Bermuda, but Hurricane Sandy had other plans for me. Our Royal Caribbean ship ended up staying at sea for all 6 days of the cruise, and three of those days we actually anchored outside of Cape Charles, Virginia. And it rained the whole time.

However, I'm a glass half-full kinda girl. Chris and I made the best of our vacation, and took full advantage of all of the cruise ship amenities: lots of food, drink, and socializing with other hurricane cruise troopers. We had a blast, even though we got no sun and didn't make it to Bermuda.

I wish we'd taken more photos but here's what we did manage to capture on our tropical island vacation to Bermuda nowhere:

A glass of wine before dinner :)

Oops! Half-open eyes, but a decent shot of our outfits.

Since we were anchored during the storm, this dress was fitting :)



One of the formal nights... My boyfriend is handsome in his tux!

The Orpheum Theater was beautiful!

Chris snapped this one before dinner.

Make it your own:
Floral Dress: J.Crew
Brown Wedges: Steve Madden
Dizzy Anchor Dress: J.Crew
Heart Blouse: LOFT
Green Stripe Sweater: LOFT 
Black Gown: Nordstrom
Champagne Dangle Earrings: Cache (Similar)

Even though we didn't make it to Bermuda, I had a great time with Chris and would do it all over again if I could.

I hope that you all stayed safe during Hurricane Sandy.. and for those readers along the Eastern sea board, my thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your families!

-GJU



2 comments:

  1. Ummm LOVE this! You look so super happy with such a dashing young man ;). Sorry your cruise didn't take you to where you were supposed to go, but glad you still had a good time and were safe and sound from that nasty storm. Please tell Chris I'm so thankful he has finally made an appearance on the blog and I hope to see him around here more often!

    xo Meg
    @MissMegasaurus
    www.glamoroushustle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been eye-ing that anchor dress for awhile but wasn't sure how it would look IRL; love it on you! May have to buy it now.

    xo bri

    ReplyDelete