Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Crops: 3 Days, 3 Ways

The temperature is starting to get lower, which can only mean one thing: the days to wear cropped pants are numbered.

In the spirit of making my final ankle pant days count, I broke out some of my favorite pairs to wear to work this week. The last three days, I donned three different crops and styled them in three different ways.

Here are my super professional, edited, color-corrected iPhone photos showing off the three complete looks:




Outfit 1:
This look is casual and comfy. A loose crew neck sweater partially tucked into boyfriend cord crops in a bright pop of color makes for an easy, versatile, everyday look. I added a sparkly, feminine necklace and animal print sequin Sperry's to complete the look and add some spunk.
Necklace: LOFT
Sweater and Cords: Gap
Belt: Old Navy
Shoes: Sperry Top-Sider

Outfit 2:
This look is slightly more elevated than the first, given the girly sweater, jeweled belt, and snakeskin pumps. The black sweater is one of my favorite new fall pieces that I'm sure you'll see a lot of here on GJU. I love the cut-out lace peter pan collar-- such a fun take on a classic trend! Distressed boyfriend jeans paired with a green, jewel flower belt and snakeskin heels finish the outfit.
Sweater, Denim, Heels: LOFT
Belt: Talbot's

Outfit 3:
I really love pairing patterned scarves with solid colored blouses and tops. I think it's an easy way to keep an outfit fresh and interesting.. and also add some personality into an otherwise basic ensemble. This scarf is one of my favorites! I love the heart print juxtaposed with the gold plaid pattern. Strappy sandals were a risky choice but I wanted to get one more wear in before it's too cold :)
Scarf, Top, Denim: LOFT
Sandals: Nine West
Bracelet: J. Crew

With winter fast approaching, what are you squeezing into your wardrobe to make sure you get one more wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment