Thursday, August 9, 2012

Abby Talks Accessories: Updated Fall Pieces

My go-to accessory guru is back with a guest post this morning! See Abby's favorite fall picks...

------------

Growing up, my favorite part of August was back to school shopping. We would spend all day at the mall picking out new shoes, clothes, backpacks and supplies (I don’t know about you, but picking out trappers and folders was top five.) It’s been a long time since I’ve been in school; however, August is the perfect time for an updated fall work wardrobe. While that idea can sound like a bank-breaker, there are five every day accessories (that were probably even on your back to school list!) that can boldly and noticeably update your wardrobe just in time for the fall season.  

The watch: Chunky women’s watches are still a major trend. I have a hard time venturing out from my favorite Michael Kors oversized gold watch, but this Michelle is classic.   



The eyewear: An easy way to update your look is to also update the frames. You all know I love my shades, but if you sit in front of a computer as often as I do, you know how important a good pair of prescription glasses is, too. Warby Parker offers stylish and sophisticated frames that fit any prescription for $95 and for every pair purchased, they give a pair to someone in need. You can order three pair of frames to try on before selecting your final pair. Awesome concept, easy accessory upgrade. Win, win.

The bag: Much like a backpack, handbags can become worn through daily wear and tear. Plus, buying a new handbag makes any girl happy. My dream of all dream bags is a Birkin (photo below), but I haven’t been able to justify that purchase yet. Michael Kors Hamilton bag is a great go-to and available in many colors. I have the black and brown and they’re multifunctional, easy to carry and fun to look at. I’m also a big fan of the 2012 Fall line from Tory Burch this year.



The scarf: The fall is the best time to rock a scarf, and there are so many options. Whether you buy from a street vendor in New York City or a luxury designer, scarves can add color and intrigue to any outfit. I’m digging the current options from the Gap this fall.

The shoes: Black stilettos are a must for any girl, but they’ve got to be comfortable. I have found Guess, Jessica Simpson and Nine West to have the most comfortable pumps for day-to-day wear.  

To make it even more fun, grab a group of girlfriends, or a fun shopping buddy and head out for a day of “fall wardrobe upgrading” one weekend this August. Tweet me your buys @AbbyDraper

No comments:

Post a Comment